There are many ways to donate your time and skills! We serve hundreds of children and adults each year, and are in need of many skillsets. As a result, we can probably find a job that is important to us and would be fulfilling to you. Read more about our volunteer opportunities, and apply online to volunteer with us!
We could specifically use help with the following areas:
Weekend Trip Volunteers
We have 3-day Respite Weekends on numerous weekends per year, as well as longer travel trips. We aim to resume our single-day trips very soon. We offer our campers a variety of fun trips, events, and themed weekends (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Holiday Overnight, Spring Break trips, travel camping trips and many more) and we love to have volunteers join us. Our volunteers are an integral part of ensuring our campers have a wonderful time. We could always use volunteers to assist directly with campers and activities, as well as volunteers in the kitchen.
Summer Camp Volunteers
Our overnight Summer Camp near Yosemite runs from June – August each year. We maintain a ratio of one Counselor for every three campers and also provide one-to-one care as needed. We are always seeking mature people with experience in camping, backpacking, orienteering, archery, rock-climbing, challenge courses, kayaking, canoeing, , music, dance, theater, arts and crafts, gardening, sports, & more. Come and share your skills and talents with our campers. We welcome volunteers for a day, a week, a month or the summer.
Volunteering for Camping Unlimited’s Summer and Year-round Programs is extremely worthwhile, and extremely rewarding. Under the supervision of our Program Director and Senior Staff, volunteers help ensure the safety, wellbeing, and enjoyment of our campers. Camping Unlimited is entrusted with the care of people’s children and loved ones, therefore all volunteers interested in interacting with our campers must submit to a full criminal background check.
Please note that we use the same software for our Volunteer Application and Staff Application, so there are some fields in the application that only need to be filled out if you are applying for a paid position with us.
Other Ways You Can Help
With many buildings to maintain and a dynamic development program, we can always use the help of skilled contractors, carpenters, plumbers, electricians, painters, tilers, pavers, earthmovers, foresters and other skilled and semi-skilled experts. We also have the regular need for unskilled workers for many important jobs.
“Meeting amazing campers changed my whole perspective on life.” – Margarita C.
Our board of directors maintains a number of vital committees that move our program forward. Each can use professional assistance:
- Fundraising Committee can use help in many areas, from online research to grant and letter writing.
- Marketing Committee can use volunteers experienced in public relations, marketing, advertising, Google Adword management, and related activities.
- Finance Committee needs accounting, finance, audit and banking skills.
- Surveyor. We would like to do a survey of our almost 100 acres so we can develop trails and remote campgrounds.
- Grounds and Building Committee needs support as it prepares our future Capital Budget and develops maintenance plans. Contractors, estimators, architects, designers and others in the building trades could be of great assistance.
- Administration. We can always use capable office managers and business administration executives.
“I love the sense of community that resonates here. Working with the campers is an amazing thing.” – Jessie G.