The U.S. Departments of Labor and Education have collectively issued five rules to implement the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) (Pub. L. 113-128). Here’s the link to access the site: http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/osers/rsa/wioa-final-rules.html. These rules will formally publish in the Federal Register in the coming weeks and will be available on the Federal Register Public Inspection Web site at https://www.federalregister.gov/. For a preview of these documents, please visit: https://www.doleta.gov/wioa/.
State Vocational Rehabilitation Services Program; State Supported Employment Services Program; Limitations on Use of Subminimum Wage; Final Rule will have a direct impact on people we support.
Please refer to additional helpful resources below:
- WIOA Final Rules: An Overview
- WIOA Final Rules: A Detailed Look
- Frequently Asked Questions on WIOA Final Regulations, Performance and Program-Specific
- Press release: Obama Administration Announces New Regulations to Strengthen Employment and Training Opportunities for Millions of American
- Quick reference guide on joint rule
- VIDEO: Learn what WIOA means for you and how to access all of the available services