Voices from our community
California State Government Websites
- Lanterman Developmental Disabilities Act ( AB 846 ) – 2016
- CMS Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Regulations – California Department of Developmental ServiceDescription of how California has implemented HCBS waivers.
- California’s HCBS Statewide Transition Plan Plan – California Department of Health Care ServicesThe STP describes how the State will come into compliance with new Federal Home and Community-Based (HCB) setting requirements that became effective March 17, 2014.
Medicaid – Federal Government Websites
- Home & Community Based ServicesThe final federally mandated Home and Community-Based Services regulations including new requirements for several Medicaid authorities under which states may provide home and community-based long-term services and supports. The original legislative intent of the HCBS Waiver program was to slow the growth of Medicaid spending by providing services in less expensive settings.
- Guidance on Settings that have the effect of Isolating Individuals Receiving HCBS from the broader communityRead this to understand Medicaid’s definition of isolating settings
Regional Center consumer appeals procedure questions
For Regional Center consumer appeals procedure questions contact:
Department of Developmental Services or 916-654-1987.