Travel Campers spend the first night of camp at Main Camp and then hit the road for a session of sightseeing and adventure, traveling to some of the most beautiful places in California and beyond. Travel Campers sleep under the stars (weather permitting) on sleeping mats. Travel Camp is a cooperative team environment in which the campers enjoy pitching in with cooking, clean up, vehicle packing, etc. and enjoy the thrill of camping with a group of friends.
In order to go on Travel Camp, campers must:
- Be aged 14 and up
- Listen to and follow directions well
- Demonstrate appropriate behavior in community settings
- Have no tendencies to wander, or recent history of elopement
- Be physically capable of sleeping outdoors on sleeping mats
- Be completely, or mostly, independent with personal hygiene and toileting needs, with little to no assistance required (i.e. independent or only requiring verbal prompts or reminders)