view newsletter at MailChimp
A Note from the Directors
Dear Friends & Supporters of Camp Krem,
We are pleased to announce that Camp did not wash away in the storms! Our campers and staff thoroughly enjoyed the warm, sunny weather at last weekend’s Mardi Gras overnight and made the most of being outside!
We have a few big events on the horizon, including our Annual Spaghetti Dinner on Saturday, March 11th.
We also hope to see you at our Open House on May 13th. This is a great opportunity for new and old Camp families to come along, meet the staff, ask questions and take a tour. See below for more information about both of these events. Please RSVP if you plan on attending either.
Enrollment is still open for both our Summer Camp programs and our upcoming Year-Round Respite Trips. Sign up here, if you haven’t already!
Christina Krem & Katie Giampa
- We are delighted to have been awarded a grant from the generous Bothin Foundation, which will enable us to purchase a new vehicle to transport our campers — especially those from Sonoma, San Francisco, Marin and San Mateo counties! Thank you, Bothin Foundation! Special thanks to Judi Powell for her assistance.
- We are pleased to welcome Len Miragliuolo, our new Facilities Manager to the team. Len is a skilled, experienced builder (among his many talents) and we are lucky to have him! He is currently working hard on the construction of our new sleeping porch, which will be named in honor of Janet Von der Linn.
We hope to see you at our Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser this March!
It is a fun, social, family-friendly evening with appetizers, dinner, entertainment, a silent auction and a baked goods auction.
Tickets will be sold at the door:
$25 per person.
$10 for Camp Krem campers
Want to help?
We are seeking delicious baked items for our Baked Goods Auction, as well as high-quality donation items for the Silent Auction. If you are able to donate, your support would be greatly appreciated. Please email us!
Another member of the amazing Erickson family, Mike has given so much of his time, energy and talent to Camp Krem over the years!
The father of Marissa, one of our campers, Mike has dedicated himself to working on a number of different projects around Camp. Along with his son, Greg, Mike built the sandbox in our playground.
More recently, he spent an entire long weekend building a pig pen, complete with cosy house, for our pet pig.
We are immensely grateful for all he does. Thank you, Mike!
May 6-7, 2017: Work Day
Calling all volunteers! This is our biggest work party of the year and we could use all hands on deck! We will be spending the weekend preparing Camp Krem for the Summer — there is always plenty to be done and we would love your help.
We will be working on a variety of tasks, skilled and unskilled.
Snacks and refreshments provided. Those who are able to commit to helping on Saturday and Sunday are welcome to spend the night in a cabin.
Please email Layla, Camp Administrator, to let us know you’ll be there.
May 13, 2017: Open House
Come take a tour, meet our staff, learn about our different programs, ask any questions you may have and meet fellow campers and their families.
Snacks and refreshments will provided. This is a great opportunity for first-time/prospective campers and their families to familiarize themselves with Camp Krem, as well as for old friends to stop by and say hello. All are welcome! Email us to RSVP.
Session 1: June 5 – 16 (Ages 21+)
Session 2: June 19 – 28 (All Ages)
Session 3: July 1 – 10 (All Ages)
Session 4: July 13 – 22 (All Ages)
Session 4a: July 13 – 17 (All Ages)
Session 4b: July 18-22 (All Ages)
Session 5: July 26 – August 4 (All Ages)
Session 5a: July 26 – 30 (All Ages)
Session 5b: July 31 – August 4 (All Ages)
Session 6: August 7 – 16 (All Ages)
Session 6a: August 7 – 11 (All Ages)
*Session 7: August 21 – 25 (Ages 16+)
*Some pre-requisites apply
Summer Camp – $155/day
Year-Round Program – $140/day
1:1 Supervision Fee – Additional $75/day
Shake your groove thing at the Bay Area’s first multi-beneficiary autism fundraiser!
• Saturday, April 15, 2-6pm
• Cubberley Pavilion, 4000 Middlefield Road, Palo Alto, CA
• A great way to celebrate World Autism Month (April) and our amazing autism community
• All ages • all abilities • huge grooooovy fun!
• Four hours of high-energy DJ dance music (dance as little or as much as you like)
• Prizes for best dancers, best dance outfits, and more
• Dancers are asked to raise a min $125 on their personal fundraising pages.
• You can register as an individual or a team.
• Check out our super playlist (you can recommend other tracks, too)
• Register today! http://danceathonforautism17.myevent.com/ Fundraising deadline is April 1.
• Questions? See our FAQ page or email us at email@example.com
Benefiting Autism Society San Francisco Bay Area and 7 autism-serving non-profits providing camping and recreational activities for kids and adults with autism and other developmental disorders, including Camp Krem!!!
In honor of our 60th Anniversary, here’s another flashback: the view from the Upper Parking Lot in the 60’s (above) and today (below)!
Thank you all for your ongoing support!
Staff of Camping Unlimited – Camp Krem